Boxes big and small, Covers and bags of so many brands, books and papers , forgotten bottles of jam and food...clearing the mess at home is quite an achievement by itself. Everytime I 'Clean the Clutter' or must I rather say 'get rid of the clutter', because once you clean, hopefully there is no remains of clutter. So every time I get rid of the clutter, I swear to myself that this is not going to happen again. But the key to a clutterless home is constant organization. Woah! sounds like a big task. It is and once you let it grow, its like a devil that's out to get you some day! So tame it and get over with it when its small.
There was nothing too much to clean this weekend. But , we are always buying something; loads of shopping , groceries , bags , bills ..things just add up. The best way to declutter you clutter.
- Just start cleaning! The first and foremost step is to start. If you put it away for another day , remember its going to grow big and more worse. You have to do it anyway. So get started.
- Keep a couple of garbage bags with you. Just think..Have you used this or would you require it..If any part of your brain says No.Just throw the damn stuff away. I somehow cant get myself to throw things. But Old boxes, bills and shopping bags, I did throw them away.
- I love to segregate stuff. It makes the whole place look so tidier, even if you end up keeping so many things. So I always invest in good and cheap boxes with and without lids!
- Take a walk to the nearest DollarStore and just get a dozen of those plastic trays and boxes of various widths and heights.
- Place them on the countertops of your kitchen/washroom/dressing table/just any place where you throw the mails/bills /keys. Segregate the stuff and keep the boxes. The place looks tidy! Its easier to sort them out later when you are free. Put all your lipsticks in a small tray.Your deoderant and sprays, shampoos and hair setting gels in one etc. Or you can place all your bottles in one or however you like it. The very aspect of placing them in one contained box makes the place look so clean and they wont move .So the counter tops will always look organized.
- Fridge :
- There are certain tips that I love to make the fridge look organized. You get plastic containers/baskets that have a handle specially made for the fridge.I place all my pickles and paste in those.So its neatly stacked in one basket. Whenever I use them for dinner, I just take the whole basket to the dining table. Use it and place the basket back. It declutters your fridge in an instant and you will not forget what you have!
- I also recently bought 3 big baskets to fit in one shelf of the refrigerator to keep tomatoes , potatoes etc. They always occupy so much place in the fridge and they are indispensable to a kitchen. So once I segregated them in baskets , it was so easy to just pick them, wash them or refill when its over. If the basket has holes (which I always prefer) you can just run water over the whole basket to wash it and dry them.
- Keep the top row for diary products like milk and yogurt and eggs, so you always can check in a glance of what to buy on a daily or weekly basis.
- The stored food and bread , I keep them in 2nd and 3rd rows.
No comments:
Post a Comment