Monday, June 7, 2010

How to be Google Free


Google has been on my thoughts for quite some time now.Some of my previous posts express my fear on our dependability on google and how much Google follows us. I read this article and it was exactly something I was thinking about.


To become Google free is quite a challenge, especially now that we are almost using it for our every application. As I say this, I realize that all my blogs are on the Blogger too! No escaping the clutches of Google. A Google free life , not that tough to achieve, according to the author of the article. Slowly she has been migrating from Google to other options. The article also gives good suggestions for alternatives to the Google applications which are most commonly used.

The scroogle for example is a wonderful search engine tool that we could possibly use to bypass Google cookies. The Scroogle.org serves as a middle-man between the User and the Google search engine. The results are the same as Google but are exempt without the Google cookies. It will surely take time and effort to actually get out of the Google routine, but its worth the try. Better late than never!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment