Its 1:30 am and I still havent got a glimse of sleep in me. I am wide awake as I sit and reflect so many things on the desktop of my cerebellum. I try to Ctrl+Alt+Del my thoughts and all thats being processed by my neurological processors. I fail miserably as I continue to write my thoughts onto the wordpad of the blogger. Well lets see whats flashing in my thoughts right now. How fast is the fleet of mind...Wait,as I write this line, I think of one of the poem's that I had studied..i think its Ozymandias..no it was about a king all alone in an island..Yes the Solitude of Alexander Selkirk..I remember the lines where he says...How fast is the fleet of mind , much faster than the speed of light. How true is that! There is a mayhem of thoughts in my mind and its travelling like a kite unbound and free of strings, just flowing with the air. Now my thoughts move from the fleet of mind , then about the poem (where I slightly remember my Prose lecturer Mrs.Gordon, in late sixties, elegant with her string of pearls and a crisp cotton saree, her spectacles and the collection of poems in her hand) and then travel to how my mind is flying as a kite. Now , I just stretch my legs to comfortably place my limbs to assist my forelimbs in the task of multiple repetitive movement of my fingers. I google to find a nice scientific word to replace 'fingers' and I end up with the metacarpels and phalages. After which I settle down to just write fingers. My eyes glance the book Im reading about Africa. Flashes of African history appear in the projector screen of my inward sight. When I read every page of the book on African history, I have visualized and potrayed a civilization so rich in culture, prosperous with trade and yet doomed by centuries of tortures by countless invaders and religious upheavals. Im still reading and am yet to finish the book. My mind immediately maps war and suppression. I think about Afghanistan. I read an article today on the Golden Hour in Afghanistan. Golden Hour is that crucial one hour where a victim of any kind of physical injury is treated to save his life , limb or just help him have a less painful death. The author speaks to the American soldiers who serve day in and day night picking up body parts and wounded friends and enemies alike from sites of mishap that pose more danger for them to even stop the helicoptor and help the wounded. What an emotional roller coaster must it be for them every hour of the day or maybe minutes. My mind slowly travels to the movie 'Hurt Locker', the movie that won the Oscar this year.Now, that was a really wonderfully told tale of the virtual deaths the soldiers and bomb squad teams have every second of their jobs. When the movie bet Avatar to win the Oscar, I hadn't watched the movie yet and I was taken aback. But, when I saw the movie, the movie gave a realistic no frill peek into the lives of the soldiers struggling in Afghanistan.
Now my mind travels to the trillion dollar worth reserves found in Afghanistan thats being hit in headlines in all newspapers. So yes, the gulf may actually rebound with a fresh pound of new resources. But , who will benefit from this whole thing. The people of Afghanistan and the natives who ever they may be , have lost so much and whatever is left , reminds them of a Dark Age that might take a long time for them to even rebound and lead a natural life. Well maybe , these news headlines are (God forbid) going to cause another rush for power and money and create yet another curse on the land.
I sigh and slowly look at the time in my computer, and it reminds me I have to force my bursts of insomnia and get back to sleep. Now I need to think about something nice to forget the anger that develops inside me when I read/write about the war strick zones. Well, I am yawning, now thats a lucky sign!
So off to bed and I hope that will end my noctornal shift. Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment