Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Please, stop the oil.


Everyday as I follow the news on the Oil Spill, it breaks me down. I feel awful. It shudders me to think that , thousands of gallons of crude oil are gushing into the ocean every hour and a part of the earth is never going to be the same again. 


At first the estimate given was 42000 gallons of oil spitted out of the chasm every day. But 5 days later , after analysis it was declared to be 210,000 gallons a day.It has also been declared as a 'National Security Issue' by the Obama government. But, it has also appeared in many Press Reports that the damage and extent of irreversible damage to the Gulf of Mexico has not been released completely. In one of the releases it has also been said that if the gushing oil not be stopper in 90 days it would cause a significant irreversible damage to the ecosystem at the Gulf of Mexico.

Isn't a Risk Analysis done in the inception of these projects. How come such a grave risk of this extent be overlooked.There has been speculations from many sources and satellite imagery of the spill taken by NASA and National Geography that has been treated with great secrecy and has not been made public. Gosh, I cant imagine the extent of damage that is being caused. As the clock ticking on my desktop moves a second, there is so much oil gushing out. The matter is actually suffocating me , even as I imagine the life forms killed every second. 


I just wish they get this thing done. The whole incident is thousands of miles away from me, but I cant stop thinking about the thousands and millions of life forms whose home is being devastated every second. I cant stop thinking that while I read about Jaguar , the fastest supercomputer on earth and its amazing feat achieved by man, I still am scared that the fiends leashed out in the form of technology,can wipe us out in seconds. 
He has not the tool to protect himself from the damage that he is causing. How scary that is for a thought?!


No comments:

Post a Comment