Saturday, July 3, 2010

Home Away from Home -Canada

July 1st is Canada Day. Celebration of the birth of Canada. This was my second Canada Day celebration in Vancouver. There was a strange feeling of happiness that I felt for the country. I really dont have anything to complain about living in Canada.It's just a year since I moved here and its been a great journey since. I was as excited about Canada winning any Gold in the olympics as any other Canadian. At Canada Place , Vancouver , There is a parade and firework celebrations that add to the festive spirit of the celebration.I was there with my husband and his friend. We got a maple tattoo on our faces and we danced with hundred other nationalities together on the streets for a Russian folk song! There was an impromptu invocation of the O' Canada anthemn and I found myself singing to it as joyously I would sing my Indian anthem!In many ways Canada has been a home away from home and I am happy about being here.Home is where the heart is. I miss my motherland and just because I embrace the Canadian soil , it doesn't mean   I love my motherland less. But my adopted land as my husband calls it , has been amazingly good to us and i dont have any regret to be here. People say the tax is high and etc;but coming from a developing country I count the blessings . Trust me, we have nothing to complain about this land. 
Love you Canada and Belated Happy Birthday as I write this on July 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment