Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mother of mine

Mothers are so special.I treasure my mother cos to me she's special. She doesnt have a career that she could trade money with, she is not somebody whose name appears on the societies most talked about, she doesnt boast of any special skill to sing or any art. She gave her life to two little angels that she prized more than anything in the world. She was there waiting for me with steamy hot lunches every afternoon at school.She was waiting me and my sister at the school gates with such a warm smile to greet us and ask us about our day. She pampered and put our needs ahead of hers. She wanted us to have all that she couldnt have and all that she had. She was happy to see the light in my eyes and love in my heart.I married and I flew away from her like birds with new wings flying out. Its your life she says and as always you'll do great. I dont know where she gets the confidence in me when I myself start doubting about me.Every step I ve been through this far, she was the first to beleive in me. Well, I guess she believed in me from the time I cried when she delivered me. I know mothers for everybody are like this .But, its just that Im reminded of my mother and Im happy I have her.


Caring, loving and selfless
Im always her little princess.

Daily she waits to start and end her day with my voice
Her thoughts are pinned to me no matter what she tries

Never has there been a day without her thoughts
Loaded us with happiness lots

I remember her early morning kisses on my forehead
Though she was loaded with problems to dread

Celebrated my every walk,talk,fight and my hundred little wins
Which she stood next to me, proud, decorated with her wide grin

'Thats my star' I could hear her say
No matter what we did, night and day

Got us together through times tough and bad
There was her smile and strength ,warding anything sad

When I have a life in me one day
"Thats my star" to my baby I will say

When she would be old
Her hand I would hold
"Mom, you're my star " I will say

Happy mothers day!








No comments:

Post a Comment