Thursday, May 6, 2010

Evernote - How to use Evernote

I came across this I Phone app and I seem to like it. My interest span is quite short lived and is a wavering one.
This is an app to sync the notes that you take on you i phone or in any computer using Evernote. All you have to do is have an account created with evernote.

How to  use it?
1. Install one in your home desktop, at office and in your I Phone.
2. Also download a Web Clipper
This page even gives a Google chrome add in which makes it so easy.
Install it.
3. Make new notebooks in the evernote account -like Work..Tasks...blog Ideas...Shopping list ...Interesting articles etc.
4. How to go about using it?
Simple. Whenever you need to jot down anything. Just add a note in your evernote account in the right category either using your I Phone or Office computer or your home desktop.
You find an interesting article , just click the web clipper appearing in your browser. The whole page gets saved to your Evernote account.The best part is , it saves images, notes, web clips and can retrieve them based on any word that is in them!
Your bills, important receipts ,pictures,reports..just keep them with you always.No hassles of saving it in different computers!
5. Now what?
Read what you want wherever you go , no matter you're at office or home or shopping..you have the notes and all that you have stacked with you.Just access your account.It gets synced automatically.
6. Whats the hitch?
The free version has 40MB space. To gets more you need to get a premium account.
Well to access your notes and shopping ..to do lists etc you can use it without hassles. It might be worth regulating your free space.
Another disadvantage, is that everytime you open the app in the I Phone, it gettings connected to the server and uses a lot of data bandwidth to retrieve your stuff because it retrieves all that you have stored.Its a trade off. Not that much though. Depends on your plan and how you use the tool. Worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment